Wednesday, August 6, 2008

In search of peace



Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft starshine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
-Unknown Native American Author
I captured the flower images this weekend and then tonight, I saw the butterfly. It was perched on the leaf of a tree in our backyard, right by the house. I've seen several butterflies of late, but this one seemed special - like maybe it was a message from grandma, telling me that she is happy and beautiful and at peace. Maybe she is trying to send me and my mom and all of us some of her peace - peace we are all trying, and struggling, to find.

1 comments:

Jess said...

this is a beautiful post. i love you!