Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grieving

My grandma is gone. She passed away suddenly on Friday. As most of you know, we were very close. She was like a second mother to me. She went instantly. And, quite fittingly, her last words were "Oh, shit." For those of you that know my grandma either from meeting her or through my stories of her, know that she went exactly as she would have wanted to - without hospitals, suffering or lingering. This photo is the last one taken of the two of us. It was taken by Megan Hammond, our wedding photographer.

To all of my friends and family, please take this as a reminder to tell the people in your life that you love them. We never know when life will be taken away. Please, live every single day to its fullest - like grandma. She lived so fully and vivaciously.

Grandma - I love you with every fiber of my being. I miss you terribly. Tell grandpa I say hi.

2 comments:

Dede Zimmermann said...

Oh Amber.....I am typing this to you with tears streaming down my face. I am so very sorry about your Grandma. I know how very much you loved her. I am in shock and my heart goes out to you. Please let me know when her service will be held and where....I will be there for you.

Hugs to my Dear Friend Amber!

Anonymous said...

Geiger, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! I clicked on the "Grieving" link expecting a new one of your photos to greet me, not this sad news.

I'll be thinking about you, your mom, and all of your family in these coming days!